Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mirror Image

I've been spending more time really watching my son lately. He's just shy of turning four. Has huge, heart-melting brown eyes. Eyelashes that go on for days. A smile that's like a warm hug. And since the moment I met him, he's been mine.

But he's growing up and sure enough, he's into cars...okay, so he's really into hot rods. And when I stepped outside last night, he came to stand between my husband and I and I quickly realized that, like his father, his hands were oily and dirty. At least one of his legs had a big grease smear. And he smelled like sweat. It was the official sign that he's becoming a boy. A part of me cried silently while another part of me celebrated.

And so this feeling of being two people in a single body continues to grow. I'm extremely sad about 'losing' my babies but at the same time,

No comments:

Post a Comment