Sunday, November 22, 2009

Unexpected support.

I was reminded this weekend of how easy it is to feel forgotten about and lonely...and of how wrong we are. My husband surprised me on our anniversary with a birthday party. My entire family and most of my friends were there. It was pretty incredible. And my guilt complex immediately kicked in as they were singing the birthday song.

My guilt was based on the fact that so many had driven an hour or two. Many had to leave early for that same reason. And let's face it, the town I live in isn't exactly 'cool.'

But I soon realized that it didn't matter to any of them and they just wanted to make sure that I know they care. There were quite a few people there who I didn't really know if we had crossed that bridge to being friends from just acquaintances. It was by far the best birthday present I could ever receive...getting to relive a week the year I was 22 would be a close second.

So thanks everyone for loving me even if I'm 30 and tired and crabby...

2 comments:

  1. No matter how far apart we are...you know that I will always be your friend...and there for you whenever you need me. :-)

    ReplyDelete