Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A clearer vision...literally.

Thanks to my mom, I had the opportunity to attend the last home Husker football game this last weekend. The first thing you should know is that I haven't been to a game since I graduated from college. The second thing you should know is that, although I went to most home games in college, I remember very few.

Don't get me wrong, I have only one regret with those days. I remember going to the last Notre Dame game, and I remember that I couldn't see clearly. And it was all because I drank a little too much. And we left early to drink a little more. As stupid as it was, I cherish those days. The feeling of only being responsible for yourself and no one else. Of doing what you want, when you want and you're the only to blame if it doesn't work out.

But this weekend showed me something else. That I truly enjoyed the game. I loved hanging out with my mom while most of the people around us were drunk or had been drinking. I watched all four quarters of the game. Only got up from seat once. And when we left, I didn't have any sort of urge to hit the bars.

I think that's a pretty good sign that I'm ready to grow up a little and be more excited about having all the responsibilities in my life. It's nice to be needed...and these days I wouldn't want to have it any other way.

Oh...and the Huskers won. Perfect end to a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment