Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wisdom comes out of necessity.

I finally discovered the answer to one of my deepest issues: how to get red wine out of white clothing. What is it...the Clorox Bleach Pen. Seriously.

This discovery led me to look back at all of the tiny bits of wisdom I've gained through the last few years as an adult. No, I haven't been paid for any of this. But I am truly loyal to all of the following lifesavers:

1. Bleach pen. My crisp, white and extremely expensive bridesmaid dress from my sister's Vegas wedding in April. Had a great time. A bottle or more of wine. And realized the next day that it must be possible to smear the stuff all over. Nearly two months later, I dabbed this stuff on, wiped it off and bye-bye wine. Guess it's ready for her at-home reception (bring on the Pinot Noir)!

2. Shout. My mother-in-law turned me onto this handy cleaner. I don't even use it on my clothes anymore. Just to 'shampoo' the carpet in my car. Works like a dream. My vehicle is five years old and the carpet looks like new...and with two children 4 and 20 months, there are plenty of spills and splatters.

3. Clorox Wipes. I stash a container of these in about every room in the house. When I'm getting ready for work, I can wipe down my bathroom counter. Wipe up any spills on the floor. These belong in any diaper bag.

4. Swiffer...anything they make. I'm currently just using the WetJet because I sweep every day and am trying to save the Earth from my excessive use of sheets. The WetJet is great because there's no prep time. My kids run outside, I run for the WetJet and start mopping like crazy. By the time they come in for a drink or a band-aid, the floor's clean and dry.

5. Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Cleaner. This thing may go through batteries pretty quickly but it's fast and it works. When my husband and I got married and realized he would essentially have his own bathroom, I knew I needed some 'hands-off' cleaning solution. The only problem is that I have to ask if he's out of solution or batteries and generally he's been out of one or both for awhile...

I'm sure there are more but this is a little peek at my cleaning secrets. No, it doesn't mean I have the cleanest house in town but it sure makes me feel better about my kids eating off the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment